Saturday, June 2, 2012

Six weeks

It has been a couple weeks since my last post. I have sent my documents to Korea. I received my confirmation number, I think that's what they called it. It's the important number I had to put on top of my wonderful Visa Application. I sent my application to the Korean Consulate in Chicago. The person I talked to, by email not by phone (I don't believe they have a working phone in the office), said it will take 2-3 days to complete the process. After those 3 days my passport will be mailed back to me.

I am hoping that the next step is to figure out my flight. I told Thomas that I could not leave until the 15th of July. The school wants me there between the 15th and the 18th. I am basically at there mercy, so my fingers are crossed.

I am getting so excited. I am not just excited about leaving for a new country with new experiences but I am excited to meet new people. I will miss everyone at home, that is an understatement, but I am getting so excited to leave. 

I got a new duffle bag that will be making the trip with me. It will hold about half of my shoes from home. So when I do have to start packing I think that will be the biggest wake up call. All my clothes, for a whole year, in two suitcases. 

No comments:

Post a Comment