So I was told that these random acts of kindness (the random broom, milk, rice cake) are called foreigner gifts. So cute. Today my lovely Korean Grandmother gave me extra grape juice. And I got the broom that she told me I could have yesterday. Such a wonderful woman.
I also got my bank account today. Yay! I feel like a person again. It was very funny when I went to the bank. After I got my bank account I wanted to exchange some of my US dollars to Korean Won, since I was there. Well the man got a little confused with the exchange rate. He tried to give me 20,000 Won for my $180. I was very nice, and he felt awful. He was so nice "I'm so sorry!" On and on...
I tried Mandu today. It is a dumpling, with I believe Kimchi inside. It was actually very good. Luisana will have to show me where to get it, because I must have it again.
This is Mandu. It is a yummy steamed dumpling.
Saturday:
OMG! It's my birthday, or it was my birthday. Started the day off right. Talked to Mom, Sue and Lynnae while they were at happy hour. Definitely a lot of fun. I got a large assortment of things in my wonderful birthday box. I am so excited to eat the jam. I can't decide if I want to eat it with a spoon, or savor it. That will be tricky. We will have to see how this plays out. Anyway back to business.
Look at all my awesome birthday box surprises! I put the Driver penant up right away.
Kaylee and me on the KTX.
This is a service button at the restaurant. You push it when you need help or assistance. This way the waiter didn't bother us until we needed him. Genius
When we finally all got together (we lost Victoria before we even left because she was trying to meet us at the wrong place, my fault of course). So I set out to have a "STELLA!" moment and we did eventually find each other. We made our way downtown where lots of fun followed. We were bar hopping for a while *gasp*. But after the bar hopping was when the real fun began. That fun was called Noribang.
The whole gang (at least for this night)
During Noribang, you and your friends rent a karaoke room and you can sing any songs you want. It was amazing. We were belting out Michael Jackson, N'SYNC, Katy Perry and many many more. It was a blast. The next morning not such a party. I was so tired. I started my birthday at 7am and it ended around 3:30am the next morning. I was just a little bit tired. Thankfully a lovely Christine was making french toast and I was invited. Delicious.
Oh Noribang. You are my new best friend.

Wow - sounds like a fun adventure...hope you took lots of pictures!!
ReplyDeleteI didn't take many while we were in Seoul, but I have time. There will be another trip to Seoul. I definitely took a lot of pictures that night though. It was a lot of fun.
Delete