Thursday, August 2, 2012

Summer Break...so far


Tuesday
            Pretty good day. I finally got my Costco pineapple from Luisana. It is delicious. I am definitely enjoying my day off. I was able to read some of my book. I made a trip to Home Plus, all by myself, an accomplishment, for me at least. Definitely made me feel better to have another independent act under my belt, so to speak. I got some chicken, a few potatoes, a couple of cups (since I had all of one, in my apartment) and the best part, fajita seasoning. Close enough to taco seasoning that it gave the chicken some flavor. I made a small batch for dinner and there is enough for a second meal too. Yay!
            I found the Olympics on the internet. Of course, in order to watch them I am awake at 1am, but hey, we all make sacrifices. Thankfully, it is summer break, so I don’t have to be awake at 8:30am tomorrow morning.  

Wednesday
            I decided it was going to be a day to explore a little. I walked a few different directions around the neighborhood. Honestly, at this point, it all kind of looks the same. I went to the corner market and got a few supplies for dinner. I made spaghetti; the sauce was actually pretty good too. Sadly, I was unable to eat my green beans; I don’t have a can opener yet. So for now the apartment has won, but I will get there.
            I rearranged my apartment a little more. Trying to make myself feel at home. I did another load of laundry. I think the person who had my pillow cases before was a smoker because every time I walk into my apartment I can smell smoke and that is the only suspect so far. I really need to figure out where the fabric softener goes in this machine, my sweatpants feel like sand paper. The clothes have been drying pretty well though, the humidity hasn’t been too high.

Thursday
            So life keeps getting a little more interesting. Mom sent my birthday package on Saturday (her time). Well today the postal service tried to deliver it to school. Just when you think the post office is slow, they turn out to be very fast and efficient.  I ended up texting the director and vice principle, she said I could get it next week. What? They are going to try and deliver it again tomorrow. And of course, no one will be there, again. Things run a bit differently here. I am so confused.
           
 Yummy Nutella on Grahams. So so good.

 Fruit! I have fruit! It is so expensive here. 

 Korean's love ice cream, but I found a great smoothie. This is how I cool off after walking in the 90+ heat and so much humidity!

Costco Croissants and the yummy Nutella. Bad idea to open the Nutella. 

 Spaghetti in one pot. It was really good. The sauce even had a little kick. Definitely keeping the label so I can get it again. 

In other awesome news. My blog made it to 200 views! Thanks everyone! 

2 comments:

  1. Can you find bananas there? Bananas are REALLY good with nutella! Might be expensive, but worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bananas are so good with Nutella. Yes, bananas are everywhere. I actually need to go get more today.

    ReplyDelete