Friday, September 14, 2012

Great News and Football Madness

This is a lovely pizza from a place in downtown. You get to pick the shape of your pizza. This is a Kindergarten teachers best dream. I am definitely going back here.

This week was a bit interesting at work. Last week I was told I would have a new class starting on Thursday. Which meant I needed to prepare a schedule and a newsletter for the parent, of the one student I would be teaching. No big deal right? Wrong. I gave the schedule to my boss, who I guess gave the changes to my co-teacher (who is the sweetest person in the world) Gia. I didn't get them from Gia until Wednesday and we were headed to a field trip that morning. No time to fix anything. I got a phone call after my morning class from my boss. She wanted to know if the schedule was done. I told her no and I wouldn't be working on it until I got home that night because I had prep work for my morning class I had to do at school. She asked me repeatedly why I didn't get the information the day before. I was honest, I told her I was in Krista's class observing like she asked me to, so I was not on my floor. She got angry, and since I wouldn't argue she called my co-teacher to her office and yelled at her. Seriously? It's my bosses fault and my co-teacher didn't do anything.

This is the field trip I was talking about. We went to an Embroidery Museum. It was actually pretty cool. My kids behaved really well, and although I had no idea what was going on, the teacher's got complimented with how much they helped the kids with making the book project. Fun times.

My new class started and dang, it's going to be a lot of work. She is with me for 2 and a half hours two days a week. She has great English skills but her grammar is lacking. It's going to be tough to fill that amount of time.

Friday was another football game. I have no idea what I am going to do when the games are on at 2am here. I guess I will just have to wait and see. Maybe I will sleep in short napping increments. Anyway, I had Mom Kakao me whenever there was a big play. That was definitely nice, since I can sneak to my phone to at least read the score. I spent lunch watching the rest of the game via Facetime with mom, who lovingly help her phone by the TV. And I would like to add that my future husband (Clay Matthews) made 3.5 sacks in the game. Yay!

This is Michael. He was saying Hi to my mom while she was
letting me watch football through Skype. 
I found out that we are getting the Tuesday between Chuseok and Foundation day off. So we will have 5 days! Saturday through Wednesday at the beginning of October. Where can take my camera and go get lost? It's one of about two chances I will have to travel here in Korea and I want to make it count. If you have any ideas let me know.

I left my hair down on Friday at school and a few of the Korean teachers asked me if I changed my hair. Why yes I did, it's not kick ass hot outside and my hair didn't look like crap this morning so I pulled out my straightener. And I was trying to hide the bar logo on the back of my Packer shirt. Lol

Well there is another Typhoon supposed to hit Korea on Monday and Tuesday. It's not expected to miss this side of the country either, supposed to move right through the middle. Lets hope I buy a flashlight before this one. Stock up the water!




I will keep everyone updated on my lovely typhoon adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment