Sunday, June 9, 2013

Waffling

I am waffling. No, I am not eating copious amounts of waffles, which sounds awesome, but I am seriously trying to figure out the next step with life. I love Korea, I have had some amazing adventures, met some of the greatest charactors possible and experienced so many things. Then I think about home. I want to sit on the deck, watch tv, hang out at the fence with the neighbors, lay in the grass, and complain about the crappy traffic because of the snow.

Korea has changed me. I always had a sense of adventure, safe adventure, but I wanted to go out and do things. I have done that. I have made new friends, lived in a foriegn country, and had some wild nights. One of my best friends is leaving on Friday and I don't know how anything could be okay after that. One of the reasons I love Korea is because who I have shared it with. These other girls have become my family. I don't know if I want to leave this city and start fresh.

On the other hand Korea is a huge draw. I have security here. Health insurance, paid apartment, electric bills that would make any person happy. Again, my friends make it even better. Kelly and I keep telling Kaylee she has to come back, and she thinks she might, but I don't think she will. And today, while trying to grasp that, I don't know if I will ether. I guess the next two or three weeks will be very telling.

I got my possible flight reservation, and right now I am on the long haul flight to Toronto with my friend Victoria. If we can get seats together I might be the happiest person in the world. I go back to the states on July 27th. I am terrified and exilierated all at the same time. I love home, but it will be so foreign to me. It's going to be a major shock to my system.

My countdown is 46 days. I only have 46 days to hug my friends, clean out my apartment, get rid of so much stuff that I won't bring back with me, and enjoy Korea. On the other had I only have 47 days until I see my family, eat a pizza, hug my dog (who will inevitably wiggle away), swing on a swing, and walk in the grass with my bare feet. Hopefully mom waters the lawn so it isn't too dry.

See guys, I am a waffle. Kind of like Mr. Potato Head when he put all his body parts on a tortilla and toppled over. Toy Story 3, of course.

What does life hold next? Anyone have any opinions? 
What in the world am I going to do without them?

My co-teacher Cathy. This woman is a godsend. No matter how
crappy my day is, Cathy can make it better.

Did you know? Apparently I drink beer now. Watch out Leinenkugel's
I will finally be able to enjoy the brewery tour!

This is Tony. He is me in tiny human form. We both enjoy driving the Koreans crazy, and wearing "inappropriate" footwear on field trips. 

No comments:

Post a Comment