Sunday, July 15, 2012

I'm leaving, on a jet plane...

Don't know when I'll be back again. Ok, maybe I do. It could be a year, it could be longer. Tonight is my last night at home. I have everything (except my laptop, obviously) packed. My luggage is heavy. Both bags are about 47 lbs. My carry-on is 17 lbs, and I guess if the Asiana people tell me they are over weight I need to cry and then they will let me through. I can definitely pull out the tears, they have been flowing freely all night. 

Tomorrow I leave for Seoul. I am getting so nervous. Everyone is telling me it's a great life experience, but it's not helping me tonight. I am freaking out about leaving home. Going away to college was one thing, leaving for a new continent is a totally different animal. First stop is Chicago. From Chicago I get on a lovely 777 for my 14 hour trek to Seoul. From Seoul I get on a bus to Daegu. This is an adventure. Just keep telling myself that. 

More to come. I will update when I get internet in Korea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment