Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Fall is Coming!

I am finally able to sleep with my windows open! One night I actually had to roll over and find the heavy quilt that the school gave me to warm myself up. It was a very nice feeling. I am ready to start wearing sweaters and jeans, leggings and boots. Well I would be excited if I had packed any of those clothing items. Hopefully I can convince my mom to go digging through my disaster of a bedroom I left and find a few items.

I am starting to get tired of going out every weekend thing. Some of the girls go out on Friday and Saturday nights. I don't know how they do it. I am exhausted by the end of the week and I just want to curl up with a good book. I am starting to understand however the appeal. I go home after work, make dinner, try to catch an American TV show online if I am lucky and then I just want to veg. It's not like I can rent a movie, or hang out on someones couch or anything.

Some of the girls do sports like Frisbee, and others go the gym (which wouldn't be a bad idea for me) but it is definitely a change for me. I am used to having someone to talk to pretty much all the time. Or somewhere to go and hang out. Life here is lesson plans, teaching materials and weekends to go out. I need to make plans to get out my camera and just get on a train and go. Why not? What do I have to lose? So I get lost in Korea, I have a phone for a reason, right? Maybe that should be the plan next weekend, go get lost. Or maybe Victoria and I will visit her cousin on the Air Force base. I am pretty sure it's the same one my Great-Uncle was at. That would be amazing.

I made French Toast for dinner tonight. I finally gave in and bought maple syrup. It was so expensive. I was downtown this weekend and on Sunday I got a case for my iPhone. It is very pretty and pink. While I was down there I went to see if one of the cosmetic stores carries my favorite lip balm. They do, and guess what? The lip balm I love from home ($3) is 9,000 Won here! Holy moses! I knew it would be bad, but damn. Sorry.

Yesterday was Packer Monday, since that's when it's on in Korea. And although we didn't win, it was wonderful to get to watch the game on Skype with my family. I felt like I was at home. It was probably the best Skype date (other than my birthday) since I have been in Korea.

I made another package of my Mac and Cheese from home. Damn that stuff is good. I am very sad that I only have one left. I really should hide it from myself or I might just eat it. It needs to be an emergency stash because you can't get Kraft in Korea. At least not unless you pay an arm and a leg, or live on a US base.

Well this post was a bit scattered. Sorry everyone. Just some thoughts that popped into my head. With everything that has been going on here it's hard to keep the blog up to date. I think I need to start taking notes as things happen and then I can write a post later. Anyway, I miss everyone. Hope all is well in the states.

P.S. My friend Alicia got her R.N. license last Friday. And Jamie had her baby yesterday. Seriously, I am missing so much back home. I wish I was able to fly back just to see them all.

1 comment:

  1. Yes I think it would be a great idea for you and Victoria to go out on an adventure!! What do you have to lose right? Great blog again...very interesting read. Love you!

    ReplyDelete