So this last week has gone by fast. The countdown is closing in. It's already December! I remember thinking, Holy crap it't October, and now it's December. Time is flying and it feels amazing. My Christmas shopping is pretty much done. I have sent almost all my cards and presents out (hopefully they all make it). The post office here has never been an issue, but when I was in on Monday they were crazy! So busy and just plain crazy.
I watch Christmas movies at night and listen to Christmas music during the day. Some of the shops downtown are even putting up Christmas displays. We heard one store playing Christmas music and that was awesome. It felt like home, except it wasn't very cold.
I haven't broken out my winter coat yet. I have been wearing a fleece to work with a scarf and sometimes gloves. There are still leaves on trees. Currently in Daegu it is 39 degrees. And I have a 3 minute walk to work. I was told by our Korean grandmother at work thought that I need to wear a coat. She insisted on it. I just don't think it's that cold yet.
I have 2 weeks and 2 days left with my kids. It's exciting to be getting a new class, but at the same time it is a little terrifying. I like my classroom I don't want to move. I'm sure it will all work out though.
So I went to a Korean wedding on Saturday. It was really cool. Very different from the states. They have weddings at like wedding centers. Every wedding is pretty much the same. I only got to see the Western type of wedding, and it was interesting. They sequester the bride in a room for pictures first of all. When the wedding is supposed to start it does, it's a schedule constantly moving through the venue.
It is really fast too. The parents walk down the aisle then the groom, and then the bride. It's more a catwalk than an aisle. Then there was a lot of talking from the Father of the Bride. Laughing and crying. Then he said something and our table was lit up and everyone looked at us. Apparently he was thanking the teachers for coming (there were 4 of us foreign teachers there).
The father of the bride, had the groom doing pushups, downing a bottle of Soju and running up and down the aisle, maybe to show his worthiness. It was interesting. Then it was over, the ceremony. Next were pictures, everyone gets photographed. Everyone. It's a marathon.
After pictures was a buffet. Lots of interesting food. The bride and groom came out in traditional Korean wedding clothing. That was a really cool sight.
Truth be told I definitely almost cried. Gia looked amazing in her gown. Then I started thinking about Alicia, who's wedding I will not be seeing because I am in Korea. It made me really sad. But it was a good time all around.
Now it's back to work for 2 and a half weeks and then my mom and brother will be here. In case you missed it.
No comments:
Post a Comment