Monday, November 26, 2012

Christmas...Is Coming!

BTB Pie
So Thanksgiving was good. A few of the other teachers and I went to a place called Buy the Book for a lovely Thanksgiving feast. This is the same feast we had for Canadian Thanksgiving. It was delicious. Not the same as home, but it had a homey feel. This place is wonderful and the couple that owns it is great. Definitely going back for Christmas, I talked to Sandy and she said they would probably be open the whole week.

Vanilla Chai and
Christmas music
great way to relax.
It's getting colder here, but I still haven't broke out my coat yet. I just can't do it. It doesn't feel like winter. Maybe it's because I haven't seen snow yet, I don't know. The apartments in Korea, well mostly everything in Korea, is not insulated well, or at all for that matter. It doesn't matter how much you heat a place it ends up cold way too fast. I miss having a dryer.

So I think I missed this story from Busan last weekend. I wanted a cup of hot chocolate, and I asked Jayna if she had a tea kettle. She said yes, but she didn't use it often because it was so big. I asked if I could use it for hot chocolate. She gave me a funny look, said yes, but she normally just uses the microwave. OMG! I have forgotten about the modern convenience of a microwave. I use one at school but I don't have one in my apartment. Great moment.

I put up my Christmas tree, second hand of course. It came complete with tinsel, bows, and ornaments.    Would you believe that most of the ornaments are green and gold? Well I was pretty excited about that, since I can't have the normal mini Packer tree this year. The Christmas music is on my iPhone and the countdown is on.

A couple of teachers and I had our second Thanksgiving meal on Sunday night (it's not Thanksgiving unless you eat it twice) and Kaylee and I had to go pick up a Christmas present. I saw a cute pair of boots in a shop (mind you my feet are considered huge here, and I don't find shoes easily) so I went in to try them on. They are tan suede looking boots. I looked at them, asked how much, and saw they were made in Korea. I tried them on and bought them on the spot, not 5 minutes and I had a new pair of boots. Yay! Random but I'm good with that.
I took up crochet,
I had to find something productive to do.

I finally made a batch of popcorn on the stove without burning it! So excited. I miss normal air popped popcorn, this is the closest I can get for the time being.

I miss everyone so much. I can't wait to Skype my family for Christmas. It will be so amazing to see my grandparents. It's really hard not being able to just jump in the car and go see them. Being here has made me appreciate the little traditions. Thanksgiving in a bar, Black Friday with all the lines and ridiculousness, mom's pumpkin pie, grandma's scalloped potatoes. I am totally going to gain 10 lbs when I get back home.
Spicy, but delicious italian baked pasta from
Little Italia. So good.






28 days...

No comments:

Post a Comment