Well it is almost Thanksgiving. So in the spirit of almost every person on Facebook, I am going to list the things I am thankful for. It could be very long, so I will try and prioritize and these are not in order of importance, by any means.
1. Skype. Without it I would be a mess. It lets me see my mom, my brother (when he surprisingly shows up on the screen), the dog, the neighbors, my aunt and uncle and my dad. It's a sanity saver.
2. Kleenex. What in the world would I do without my favorite tissue brand?
3. Mail. It is a very uplifting moment when I walk into school or a teacher walks into my classroom with a little hand written note from someone back home. Email is great, but mail is amazing.
4. Tylenol. So many headaches! Without it I would be a goner.
5. Mac and Cheese. It's a little flavor of home that tastes amazing no matter where you are.
6. Music. My apartment would be way too quiet if I had to turn it off.
7. Airplanes. My mom and brother are coming to see me for Christmas (in case you missed it in my last however many posts).
8. Toaster Oven. You can't cook everything on a stove, believe me. And I love that my muffins turned out last week. Next step, lasagna.
9. Other Foreigners. Without all the other foreigners both at my school and around Korea I would be SOL. It's nice knowing that there are people here who have your back and care.
10. My Family. (See I told you this was not in order of importance) I miss them so much. I'm thankful that my aunt will wrap my mom's birthday present and email me photos of Clay Matthews from the Packer game. I'm thankful that my grandparents pick up the phone when I Skype call them (they are selective with their caller ID, haha). I'm thankful that my uncle taught me to throw a decent punch, I don't want to test it, but I could. I'm thankful that I have a village.
11. My Mom. What? Did you think I was going to group her in with everyone else? She is the woman who taught me to be brave and strong and not to give up. She sends me penguin flashlights and mac and cheese and Thanksgiving decorations. She holds a squirming dog up to the webcam so that I can see him every once in a while. She goes above and beyond everyday and I could never say thank you enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment