Wednesday is my favorite day of the week, because let's face it, kids singing English songs that they don't understand, while doing complex dance moves is adorable. I added a video so you guys can see my tiny humans and their silly music class.
This week they started construction on the building next to me. I think it was at one point a house. When I moved in, no one was there and it was a dump. So now it is a pile of ruble. So nice. I have started using my ear plugs so I can sleep on the weekends. I slept until 10:30 on Sunday. Good gravy!
I have finally found a decent bar to go to on Friday nights. It is downtown, which kind of sucks, but it is more homey than any other I have found. It is pretty chill and we were able to sit, have a drink, talk and pay a random Korean card game. Definitely felt more like a normal Friday night,
It's getting cooler here. I haven't used my winter coat yet, but I know I will have to soon. I am not looking forward to the dry, cold, snow lacking winter they keep telling me to expect here.
I have started to crochet again, or at least I am trying to. Could get interesting. I found some great yarn at the market, and I finally got my needles from GMarket. I ordered them all by myself from a half Korean website. Yay!
Guess what?! 42 days until my mom and brother get here! I am getting so excited. Making many, many lists and there is so much to do!
Miss you all! Leave me a question if there is something you want to know about Korea.
Hi Sam,
ReplyDeleteI was behind on reading your posts. Just caught up on the November ones. They don't celebrate thanksgiving there, so I suppose you are teaching on those days? Will you get together with your American friends and do something? I wonder what foods you could even buy to try to have a thanksgiving dinner? I would definitely miss the green bean casserole and the pumpkin pie. Maybe you can try to make something.
Lynnae
Hey Lynnae,
ReplyDeleteThey do have a Thanksgiving here, but it was at the beginning of October. A few of the teachers and I are going to a restaurant called Buy the Book for Thanksgiving. It's run by a foreigner so it's a pretty close Thanksgiving meal. There won't be green bean casserole, but almond green beans are close. We will be going there on Wednesday night, because that's what worked for most of us.