So today Diane cornered me in the hallway (where it is hot and small) and asked me if I went to get my passport photos taken. Apparently I was supposed to bring two photos with me for my ARC card (Alien Registration Card), I turned into an alien, who knew? So anyway I told her no, I did not go the weekend. She told me that I would need to go today, and I could take Victoria(our other new teacher) with me. She is very nice. She has lived just about everywhere, and she is 42.
So here I am kind of freaking out, kind of feeling confident that I can accomplish this task. Well I was in Elizabeth's class in the afternoon and I told her I was going to E-Mart (where they have a photo place). She said she needed to go too. Awesome I don't have to go alone. So after school we get into Diane's car, so she can drive us (we caught a taxi home). We got out pictures taken and holy moly, it is a full on mug shot. Not a cute picture.
Elizabeth ended up getting some supplies at E-Mart and I got a couple too. Some crackers and I believe I found Digestives (The same kind that I loved in Paris), and no they are really just cookies. They do not aid my digestive system in any way. After E-Mart we went to a little Galbee restaurant. It was pretty good. It was beef, which I am sure I will pay for later, but this place didn't do chicken.
In other news I got back to my motel this afternoon and I found my room clean. Yay right? No. My towel was gone, again. This time however when I walked down stairs the lady I spoke too last time seemed a little more ticked off. I think she was mad at the cleaning lady. The little old cleaning lady was all smiles and they could tell I was frustrated. I was trying really hard to go with the flow and take what came but I had no idea what they were telling me. I smiled, I nodded and eventually the older lady took me to the roof, where the towels of the day were drying. Yes! My towel was on the roof. I think she thought it needed to be washed. How sweet of her!? Crisis once again averted. I think I have to hide my towel any time I leave the room, not just take it out of the bathroom.
Ha! Thanks for the laugh Sam! The continuing towel saga is funny, to me, not to you, I'm sure.
ReplyDeleteOh yes, the towel saga, I'm hoping it is over for the time being, or forever.
Delete