So today has been very interesting. I started the day at 4:30am. I couldn’t sleep, and I couldn’t get back to sleep. So I was awake. I watched a couple episodes of True Blood, my go to block out the world TV show. I had a few emails waiting for me when I logged in. It makes me cry, but makes me feel a little better to see well wishes from home.
Went to school. About 10 minutes into class my vice principle came to visit me. She wanted to talk to me. Apparently, when I emailed the recruited, they called the director. So everyone knows that I am regretting my decision, but it actually turned out okay. She kind of talked in circles, like I have learned she does, but I think she was trying to make me feel better.
For lunch Christine and Krista took me out to lunch. Christine got sushi, Krista got BimBop (I think). Krista offered to go with me to get my sandwich, but I said I would try it myself. I did it. I picked out a sandwich (it was chicken, with some sort of dressing with lettuce and carrots) and paid. Little victories, that’s all I have to say. While we were walking to get lunch Krista and Christine asked if there was anything they could help. Holy crap! I just about cried (really I got teary eyed, but no tears were spilled). I told them I needed food, a hair straightener, an umbrella, water bottle and slippers (because I can’t wear my fuzzy slippers in the summer, it’s frowned upon).
Several hours later....
Just got back from a lovely evening with Christine, Krista, Kaitlyn, Dani, Kaylee and Liz. Unfortunately Dani, Kaitlyn and Liz are all leaving, but they are great people. Tonight Christine picked me up at the motel (after I had to run back to the school because I left my computer cord there) to go to CitiBank so I could get money. I learned the best way to cross this super busy street, wonderful information. The underground looked exactly like Paris did, so it was nice to see something familiar. I got money! Yay! Definitely an accomplishment for me.
After CitiBank Christine hailed us a cab, I really need to write down what she says because I was lost. We went to HomePlus. I was able to find slippers, an umbrella, huge bottle of water, almonds, bananas, hair straightener (so I don't cut off my frizzy hair myself) and I even got ramen noodles. Now here is a story, get ready it's huge! I got out my Korean book (after a little peer pressure from Christine) and asked the employee which one was chicken. It took a little doing, because she tried to actually take me to the chicken, but I think I got the right stuff. Then we had pizza for dinner.
Several hours later....
Just got back from a lovely evening with Christine, Krista, Kaitlyn, Dani, Kaylee and Liz. Unfortunately Dani, Kaitlyn and Liz are all leaving, but they are great people. Tonight Christine picked me up at the motel (after I had to run back to the school because I left my computer cord there) to go to CitiBank so I could get money. I learned the best way to cross this super busy street, wonderful information. The underground looked exactly like Paris did, so it was nice to see something familiar. I got money! Yay! Definitely an accomplishment for me.
After CitiBank Christine hailed us a cab, I really need to write down what she says because I was lost. We went to HomePlus. I was able to find slippers, an umbrella, huge bottle of water, almonds, bananas, hair straightener (so I don't cut off my frizzy hair myself) and I even got ramen noodles. Now here is a story, get ready it's huge! I got out my Korean book (after a little peer pressure from Christine) and asked the employee which one was chicken. It took a little doing, because she tried to actually take me to the chicken, but I think I got the right stuff. Then we had pizza for dinner.
Here is the place we got pizza from. It was good, but the crust was almost purple.
These are a few of my students for my (soon) morning class.
This was my effort to eat dinner last night. I didn't have a fork or chopsticks, so a tooth brush it was. Back to the college days in the hot pot.
This is my bathroom in the motel. Not bad, I am spoiled with a bathtub.
This is the rest of my motel room. I haven't unpacked, I have just made a huge pile on the chair. And I didn't make my bed, not uncommon.
Wow! Great accomplishments Sam! I'm so glad a few good things have come your way on this adventure. The kids are so cute. And the hotel isn't bad, pretty small though. Keep it up. You'll get better at figuring things out the more you try. You can do it!
ReplyDeleteLynnae