Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A Month, A Long Weekend, and 900+

Well it's March people! Holy moly time has been flying by! February passed pretty fast. It was a bumpy month. I thought about quitting, just packing it in and leaving for good. I didn't, obviously, but I really thought about it. I started a new class in this last month. I have went to Seoul and that was a lot of fun, for a long weekend. I love long weekends.

I started a new class. Afternoon kindergarten. They gave me more fetuses! Now let me let you in on a little secret, they are adorable. I liked that class, up until today. My adorable, manageable, class of 8 turned in 11. Two of those children are 7 years old, so they sit an look bored and one even tried to yell at me today. That didn't last long. Now there are too many for my small classroom and I don't have a clue how this will work out.

What else is going on in the wonderful world of Korea. Well I am starting to plan my life after Korea. I only have a few months left and then it's onto the next adventure. So far it could be a nanny job, pretty much anywhere, or possibly a teaching position in AK (the district is the size of MN, so that could be anywhere too). You never know!

Korea has taught me a lot of things so far. I can actually live somewhere without speaking the vast majority of the language. Mind you Korea is pretty accommodating, but still it's an accomplishment. I have definitely learned to be better at throwing up my hands and just letting things happen as they may. I have also learned that although I can't plan everything I still like to be a planner. So I am hoping to have an August plan soon.

I miss everyone back home, but believe it or not I am not homesick anymore. It hits when it's a birthday  or an event but I am feeling pretty good. Hopefully another adventure is on the horizon. You never know, if I don't have something planned for August I might just take off to see Thailand or the Philippines before I come back home.

Hopefully it won't be another month before I write.

Can't believe my blog has almost 1,000 views! Didn't see that one coming at all. Thanks everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment