Friday, April 12, 2013

Rhetoric and Panic...Just Kidding

Love my girls
So it has been almost an entire month since I have posted. Crazy. I'm sorry everyone. I have been busy, but that's no excuse. I should be updating more often. It's pretty crazy to think this time last year I was having my final meeting with the School of Education to receive the last check off my list to graduation. I feel like a whole different person since then.

So of course the thing on everyones mind is, what is going on in South Korea. We aren't dead, we aren't panicked, we aren't rushing to get bottled water or rations. Life is going on as if the North is a tiny cat running in the street, no one pays any attention. I promise, I am registered with the embassy and I know where to go in case of emergency. Don't panic...yet.


Field Trip Day!
School has been school. My friend Kaylee will be leaving in less than two months. I don't know how I will say goodbye to her. Kelly and is trying to convince us all that we should move to Seoul together. I would be up for it, but we would need to find jobs pretty soon. We went on a field trip to a bronze ware museum yesterday. It was a good excuse to get out of school. Not what I would pick for kindergarten but no one asks the teachers. 

I am still giving Korea a lot of consideration. I really do love the country, I just hate this job. I have a nanny job possible I think, hopefully I have another interview with them soon. I don't know what the next step is. I just know that will everything I have done in Korea I am ready for almost anything. I've learned to live in a place where I can't read most of the signs and I can't communicate with a majority of the people.

No Socks! And there is
 some grass
The weather is starting to turn around. We has a couple great days and then it got cold again. Yes, I know I can't complain. It's not a blizzard or anything. Tomorrow is supposed to be 70. Can't wait to find some grass and just lay in the sun. I know I will regret this, basically as soon as I get home, but I miss grass.

Maybe I will throw all caution to the wind and leave for CO like I wanted to after graduation. Apply for a license and just see how it goes. I feel like I could accomplish almost anything.

I miss everyone so much. Hope MN and WI aren't too cold. I'll be sure to post a lovely spring day picture tomorrow when I am laying in the green grass. Hehe
Happy Birthday Kelly!

I caught Alicia's bouquet 


Oh Easter Celebration. Gotta love my kids.

Afternoon Kindergarten




1 comment:

  1. Hi Sam!
    Glad to see you got back to posting to your blog. Keep it up. We are all living vicariously through your Korean adventure right now! More details on the kids please. What do they say? How well are they learning? What do you do in class? I love seeing the photos of the classes.

    Regarding your upcoming life decisions you are pondering. I have advice, like usual. And like usual, you can take it or leave it. It's simple really. I think that 10 years from now you want to have a solid teaching job in a school you like with people you respect. If that's the case, then make decisions based on what points you in that direction. Which next step helps you get where you want to go in your career? Think about where you want to be down the road in 5 yrs, 10 yrs and then use that as your guide. You're also very young in your career, so don't be afraid to take a diversion for a short time as long as you know where you want to be at certain points in time.
    And as always, your plan and goals are reviewable and changeable along the way.

    You look great in your photos!!
    Lynnae

    ReplyDelete